cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 Series at 100 mW

AlexioUBS
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly advise what part number of 1300 Series bridge should I order to have maximum 100 mW power output in .11b mode. I intend to use external antennas.

3 Replies 3

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

You want the AIR-BR1310G-x-K9-R, where x is your country code. 100mW for 802.11b is standard on a 1310G bridge. Be sure to order antennas with RP-TNC connectors.

Keep in mind that OFDM (802.11g) is restricted to 30mW, but this is true with all access points, Cisco or otherwise.

Dear Jeff.

I asked that question because when I made a test with AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 and disabled all OFDM data rates, I still saw that current Transmitter Power CCK/OFDM = 17 dBm which corresponds to 50 mW power. (antenna gain is set to 2 dB).

Kindly comment.

Best regards.

Alexei.

Hi Alexei,

All power levels are subject to country standards. The "E" model access points are set to European standards, which I believe restrict 802.11b to 17dB (50mW).

I apologize for assuming you were in the Americas. Assuming now that you're in Europe, you won't be able to order an "A" access point. Or at least, you can order it, but you can't legally use it at full power :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card