cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls

moropodi2008
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with one user, she can receive internal calls but when calls comes from outside her phone does ring but on the caller's site the phone is ringing. The problem seems to be with her profile but i deleted here profile and recreated the profile again with no luck. Thanks.

13 Replies 13

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Could be a dodgy translation pattern which isn't going to her DN, which would explain why it's ringing but not going to her?

Hi,

Try tracing the call through the system starting with a q931 debug.

Once into the CUCM, our very good friend 'Route Plan Report' will help you identify multiple instances of a DN or any existance of now traced number.

Alternatively you can reference 'Alternate Matches' in Dialed Number Analyzer.

thanks for your help, i have tried debug isdn q931 but it just says the debug is on but i cannot see any calls that are made or is there a command that i'm missing.

thanks.

Yes, type "term mon" and view the output....

Thanks, i have already done that and the lines seems to be very busy is it possible for me to specify the number i'm actually trying to trace. thanks again.

No, but assuming you know what her number is you should be able to trace with that?

Just do the debug, then phone her number from your mobile and monitor the output.

i have done that and i have actually dialed numbers that are working and i can trace them on the router but when i dial hers i cannot even trace it on the router.

Ok, so when you dial her number you don't see anything on the router but when you dial other people in the same office you do.

Does she definitely have a DDI number like everyone else in the office (is she included in your DDI range)?

she does have a DDI number like everyone else, her profile was working until she went on leave for a week, the problem started when she came back. They are renting a building in a bank Branch office, the branch gave them 12 numbers that they can use for our cisco IPT but the branch is using a different vendor. IS it possible that the branch may be using this number for themselves bcos on the WAN we can call her , its just calls from PSTN and cellphones that are not going through. Thanks.

Could you pls check with carrier as what digits they are sending. How many digits extension you are using on campus?

Cheers

Ikram

Also check the carrier hasn't got any diverts in place.

i'll have to go and check with them.

ten full digits.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: