ACS1113 Appliance probelm

Unanswered Question
Nov 3rd, 2008
User Badges:

HI Friends,

I am installing a NEW ACS Applinace Cisco ACS1113. I connected the console port of the ACS to the PC on serial port and trying to accesss the box through Hyper terminal. Hyperterminal baud rate is correct 115200 8 N 1 N. I can see the device is booting and giving the inofrmation that the appliance is working normal, acs is not configure to configure login as "Administrator" and type setup.

as per the installation guide it should prompt for a login : but i can not see any login prompt. i type Administratorand Enter but no response i can see on the hyper terminal.

what could be the problem???Is there any hardware failure ( no indication) or am i missing somne thing... ??? do i need to provide Software cd at this point???

regards

Jacob

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mark.cronin Wed, 11/05/2008 - 04:02
User Badges:

Jacob

Can you try resetting the Hyperterminal session to

9600 8 N 1 N

Mark

lffrwatson Wed, 11/05/2008 - 06:32
User Badges:

change the baud rate back to 9600. Even when I did this when a new line would scroll it would erase what was on the screen so it was a little bit annoying. Once you get an IP address, and passwords then web into the box and you will most likely never use the console port again.

Actions

This Discussion