CME/CUCME Transfer softkey not available for call to overlay DN on button 2

Unanswered Question
Nov 3rd, 2008

Hi,

I have CME 4.0. We have just provisoned a number of overlay DN's on to the 2nd button of a number of 7941's. However when a call is answered on the overlay DN/Button-2 there's no transfer softkey.

This is available when calling the DN of button 1 (this is NOT an overlay).

Does anyone know whey the transfer softkey would not be available?

Thanks,

Chris

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccpagel Mon, 11/03/2008 - 06:04

Incorrect version stated above correct version is:

Version 4.2(0)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

Chris

Rob Huffman Mon, 11/03/2008 - 06:11

Hi Chris,

It sounds like the second line on the ephones would need to be setup with a Dual Line config;

A dual-line ephone-dn has one virtual voice port and two channels to handle two independent calls. This capacity allows call waiting, call transfer, and conference functions within a single ephone-dn. Dual-line mode is supported on all phone types, but is not appropriate for voice-mail numbers, intercoms, or ephone-dns used for message-waiting indicators, paging, loopback, or hunt groups. Overlays of single-line hunt groups onto dual-line buttons are supported.

Ephone-dns are created in single-line mode if the dual-line keyword is not used. Changing an ephone-dn from dual-line mode to single-line mode (and vice versa) requires that you delete the ephone-dn and then recreate it.

Examples

The following example enters ephone-dn configuration mode to create the ephone-dn 5576:

Router(config)# ephone-dn 1

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 5576

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 1001 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 1001

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Hope this helps!

Rob

ccpagel Mon, 11/03/2008 - 06:19

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply. I should have already said that the overlay DN's are already dual line. Example below:

ephone-dn 132 dual-line

number 3501

label AA Opt2 Property Mgmt

name AA Opt2 Property Mgmt

call-forward busy 3532

call-forward noan 3532 timeout 8

huntstop channel

Regards,

Chris

ccpagel Thu, 11/06/2008 - 02:00

Yes this issue is now resolved.

The fix - do a 'create cnf-files' and reset all phones.

Chris

billymobilizer Wed, 01/30/2013 - 03:04

is that all ??? i'm having simliar issue now.....

I have Cisco 8945 working on CME 8.8, no matter what softkey i put in the template and "transfer" softkey just not showing in the phone screen..

Actions

This Discussion