cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uncommanded calls

ncc1701nps
Level 1
Level 1

I have no idea where to go with this one but here goes...My call manager "seems" to be making calls outbound all by itself but only to two locations, Colorado and Wyoming. Here is how it goes, our front desk phone rings, it is answered and connected with someone who did not dial our phone or anyother phone, both phones ring, they are answered and no one has dialed anything! Any ideas???? Oh yea, its running CM 4.1 (3) sr3c.

4 Replies 4

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Have you checked the CCM traces to see who or what is answering and making the calls?

I have, there is no record of a call going out to the number dialed or the call coming into the system. This is a ghost call...

and it's appearing on your bills?

I'm surprised you're not getting anything in the logs, are these calls definately being processed by the CallManager?

Do you see anything in the gateway logs?

what kind of GW do you have???

if it's MGCP IT HAS TO BE LOGGED IN CUCM AS MGCP IS MASTER-SLAVE

if it's H323 there is the possibility someone configured calls to be made from an H323 client

you'll need GW debugs to find out who or what is making the calls

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: