cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console displaying incorrect names..

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Despite the names displaying correctly within call manager and all of the handsets... whenever the attendant operators are called internally, the console displays the incoming caller ID incorrectly. It shows the name of the previous person that was using the handset!!

Everything in call manager appears correct (alerting name etc) so I am thinking that somewhere along the line, Attendant console is picking up the name from elsewhere... can anyone help?

We are running call manager 4.1.3 for this site... anyone? : D

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Kid,

Have you checked to see if the "old" user is still listed in the DC Directory?

The attendant console server reads and caches directory entries at startup. After an initial handshake determines whether the directory entries changed since the previous log in, the attendant console downloads the directory user list. The attendant console also downloads the user list when the interval in the Directory Reload Interval field in the Attendant Settings dialog box expires or when the user clicks the **Reload button in the Directory window.

AutoGenerated.txt file that is generated by the Cisco TCD service and stored in the userlist directory on the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console server. If the Directory Sync Period service parameter does not equal zero, Cisco TCD generates the AutoGenerated.txt file when the Cisco TCD service starts and when the directory sync period expires.

To modify the Directory Sync Period service parameter, choose Service > Service Parameters. Choose the appropriate server from the Server drop-down list box and choose the Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher Service from the Service drop-down list box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp1144934

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

I was just about to post a similar question about the Attendant console.

I the past, whenever I made changes to the directory in Call Manager (ccm 6.x), I usually restart the Attendant Console service for updates to display correctly on the Operator console.

The question I was about to post is to inquiry if there is another way to update the Operator's console without restarting the Attendant Console service.

Thanks guys...