Views
Helpful
Replies

Inside the NANP for CM6

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the NANP and how call manager compiles all of it's route patterns into the macro.

From what (limited) documentation I can find, I found that a basic USA dial-plan deployment contains the following route-patterns:

- "local": 9.[2-9][02-9]XXXXX

- "Extended local": 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

So the next step was to find some random USA numbers, and I found some interesting things:

The local number 7900122 will not hit the "extended local" pattern because the second 0 does not match the pattern - so the call will go straight out.

I found at least another 3 patterns however, that match both patterns, and thus I would presume that the CUCM has to wait for it's T302 timer to expire before it matches the local pattern and routes the call.

I spoke to a friend in the USA and he is using the NANP/Route filters/9.@ and when he dials 7 digit numbers that theoretically match both patterns, it routes out without waiting for the T302 timer to expire.

Anyone care to shed any light on how I could make route patterns more specific, IE mimicking the NANP built in to CM without using it?

Thanks!

Mike.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

i can't recall the exact path and i don't have a server right now to tell you where it is, but you can use the search option from windows explorer and look for filename *NANP*.*

it has aprox 166 patterns

sorry i cannot give you the exact path where the file is =(

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

from memory, try:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\DialPlan\NANP

(Open With -> Wordpad)

Regards,

Jani.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you can get your hands on a windows based CCM you can see the whole NANP file because i can tell you that it has way more than that

you're right on the fact that it can be subject to IDT but it's designed to avoid that.

the only way to avoid IDT is to create more exact patterns, meaning uses as many exact matches as possible

HTH

java

HTH

java

Fantastic idea thanks! Any idea where in the cm 4 I can find it?

i can't recall the exact path and i don't have a server right now to tell you where it is, but you can use the search option from windows explorer and look for filename *NANP*.*

it has aprox 166 patterns

sorry i cannot give you the exact path where the file is =(

HTH

java

HTH

java

from memory, try:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\DialPlan\NANP

(Open With -> Wordpad)

Regards,

Jani.

Fantastic guys, got it! Thanks.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: