cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM-10 in failover

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I have a pair of 5510 with SSM-10 cards(CSC). Failover is working fine, but for some reason I cannot access the CSC web interface on the Secondary unit when it is in standby. Is this by design, or is there a problem? I need to apply some license upgrades and get it on the same version as the Primary CSC.

3 Replies 3

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you should be able to access csc module of both the units simultaneously.

###

are u able to ping the ip address of csc module.

Regards,

Sushil

Thats the puzzling part, I have full IP connectivity, but if I try to access the web page via the NAT IP, it doesn't connect, but the primary one works fine. I mapped the primary IP port 8444 to the CSC IP port 8443 after trying to map the secondary IP 8443 to the CSC IP 8443 with no luck on either.

Now if I VPN in I can access the private IP of the CSC OK.

Update, I forgot to add the ACL for the interface port 8444, and I can access it now. I was using the IP of the secondary ASA port 8443 before, and I do have a permit ACL for that IP and port, but I was unable to access it with that IP. Is the fact that it is the standby IP the reason it doesn't work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card