cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX5: The best way to setup and use 3 pilots for 5 agents?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question on the best way to do the following, if possible:

I have Cisco Contact Center Express 5 (Standard) with a total of 5 agents.

They have three support/sales lines: Standard-Support, Platinum-Support, and Sales.

This is a small environment, so all agents answer for all lines. Today we were using shared lines, but want to use CCX5 for call queuing and reporting.

Do I setup three pilot numbers that are associated to an agent (using a single extension on the phone)? Do I setup three pilot numbers that are associated to an agent (using 3 different extensions on the phone)? And so forth.

What would be the best way to accomplish this on CCX5?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are all calls coming to a single number and then the application makes a determination which group to send it to or do customers call different number for each?

If they call the same number then basically based on the IVR interaction send the call to appropriate CSQ

If the call arrives on different number and make that number a JTAPI trigger in UCCX and send to a specific application/script where the call will be preseted to specific CSQ.

Either way you will have 3 sperate CSQs and all agents can belong to each one based on associated skills, you can configure the CSQ with most skilled algorithm and essentailly proiritze the agents seperatly for each CSQ.

As the phone configurations, per best practices each agent should have a dedicated ACD Line that they log in onto, this line should be configured with busy trigger 1, and be seperate from their personal lines.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the fast response Chris!

So, all calls first go to an AA. From there we can press 1 for Std-Support, 2 for Sales, etc. That would lead to three different numbers.

What you brought up makes sense.

Another question, if we merged the Std-Support and Platinum-Support together to a single number. Is there a way to give priority for Platinum level support over Std support to the agents ?

I'm assuming it's something I have to setup within the aef scripts. Is there any Cisco documents that discuss this further along with any samples or examples to do this?

Thank you again!

Sure, you can use the Priority step.

I would recommand reading the scripting guide for UCCX.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: