Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP6-E and classic line slot

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need some confirmation/info about using Cat4500 SUP6-E with ClassicChassis/E-Chassis with ClassicLineCards/E-linecards

We have two 4510R nodes with single SUPV and five classic module per node which I would migrate to SUP6-E without changing neither the chassis nor the Linecards, keeping the classic ones. The SUP6-E on the 4510R Chassis is inserted into slot1 or slot5 as the 4510R-E??? The Classic Linecards will be inserted into slot 3 to 9???

On opposite side we've two 4510R-E where I've noticed the SUP6E have to be installed into slot5, what about the classic line card (5 pieces per node)? they can be installed in any of the slots considering that these new nodes don't have Mixed (Classic and E-Serie) Linecards neither now nor in the future???

Any idea are appreciated

Regards

omar

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SUP6-E on the 4510R Chassis is inserted into slot1 or slot5 as the 4510R-E???

Supervisor slots are 5 or 6

The Classic Linecards will be inserted into slot 3 to 9???

Lince card 1 to 4 and 7 to 10

On opposite side we've two 4510R-E where I've noticed the SUP6E have to be installed into slot5, what about the classic line card (5 pieces per node)? they can be installed in any of the slots considering that these new nodes don't have Mixed (Classic and E-Serie) Linecards neither now nor in the future???

They can be installed on any non-Supervisor slots

HTH,

so on the 4510R not E chassis, the SUP should be placed on slot 5-6 ?

TNX a lot

The Slot assignment I gave you are for the 'E' chassis but it's wise to follow the same slot assignment on the Non-E chassis so when you are ready for that hardware upgrade, the configuration won't change much.

More information can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps9294/product_data_sheet0900aecd806df543.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card