Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turbo ACLs missing in C2800 12.4(21)?

Looks like yet another example of mysteriously disappearing features... We have a couple of 28x1's, we have recently upgraded IOS from 12.4(3d) to 12.4(21) on some of them due to a couple of issues, and suddenly I can see:

rtr-site1#show access-lists compiled

Compiled ACLs unavailable

- and the router stopped recognizing the "access-list compiled" directive.

Now when I look at IOS reference, I see that it lists Turbo ACLs as "available on Cisco 7200, 7500 and 12000".

I tried different 12.4(21) feature sets, but still not available - while working fine on 12.4(3d).

Is there a reasonable explanation for this other than a marketing move - the likes of "iPhone VPN is only supported on Cisco PIX and ASA"?

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yup, it was deactivated in the later releases. Wasn't supposted to be there; unsupported. It might not function correctly. (As told by TAC.)

PS:

Seemed to work alright in the releases it was active in (up through 12.4[12]?), but it does seem likely a marketing decision. Makes the low end ISRs too feature like the higher end models.

- so that you're even more likely to consider buying a higher spec router when yours is starting to struggle with matching... Oh well.

Thanks,

Wojciech

Perhaps, but you can still carefully sequence ACL entries (based on the hit frequencies, and if sequence logic permits). You can also activate flow cache, which I believe no longer requires a separate feature license. Either or both can help mitigate the lost of the ACL compiled feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card