cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel Setup?

telemark1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem where on several floors away a DSL line terminates in a switch room with a 3750 for the floor. The 3750 is part of the network here but what I want to do is make the DSL line available in our data center. Is there a way to plug the DSL line into a port on the 3750 and then "tunnel" it back to the data center where I can then plug it into a Server? Anyone try this?

Thanx

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark

It's a little confusing what you are asking. If you can create a tunnel from the DC to the 3750 then there is IP connectivity ??

So are you saying

1) There is no IP connectivty or

2) there is but you want to keep the traffic tunneled across your network.

Some more details would be appreciated.

Jon

Sorry for the confusion, we have a network of around 50+ 3750 scattered through several buildings. The DSL line in question terminates on a 2nd floor switch room in the rack with a 3750 connected to our network for the cubicle drops on that floor. The data center is in another building and has a core switch there. I need to take the DSL line and have it end up in the data center. So I am wondering if I could dedicate a port on the 3750 in the 2nd floor rack connect it to the DSL modem there and "tunnel" unnoticed by our network back to a switch in the data center so that I can plug into it and utilize the DSL line?

Mark

Mark

The 3750 does not support GRE tunneling unfortunately. What is the core device in your DC and are there any other devices in the building with the DSL line in it ?

Is the network between your buildings a L3 routed network or a L2 switches network.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: