2106 1131AP and mesh mode

Unanswered Question
Nov 3rd, 2008
User Badges:

Hi guys,

i have a 2106 WLC with three 1131AP LWAPP.

I should cover a zone where there is no network cabling and i was thinking about another 1131 in mesh mode.

Do I need particular software release?

Can anyone provide documentation from which i can start to configure the system(WLC)?

thx....

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jeff.kish Mon, 11/03/2008 - 13:43
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Unfortunately, the only access point that can handle Mesh is the 1500-series. Mesh isn't meant for indoor applications like the 1131AG is meant for. Mesh is meant for city-wide deployments and wireless coverage.

Your only option using 1131AGs is to get a cable out there somewhere. If you purchase a couple of 1242AGs in autonomous mode, you can set up a mesh-like link using link-role flexibility. You can configure your A-radio to be a bridge link, and configure the G-radio to service clients. This can only be done 1-to-1, though, so you'll need two APs for every one you need in an area without cabling. Hopefully that makes sense.

dennischolmes Wed, 11/05/2008 - 05:17
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

You can use Enterprise MESH which is MESH for indoor uses. It is available in the later releases of code. Enterprise MESH was designed for use in areas where cabling is an issue. It requires separate licensing. See the link below for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns348/ns767/ordering_guide_c07-482365.html

This is the ordering guide.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode