Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Video Endpoints with CCM 4.1.3 sr6a

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all !! Hope everyone is well !!!

I am in the middle of rolling out a video conferencing solution for our company using Tandberg video endpoints and Tandberg back-end infrastructure with CCM 4.1.3 sr6a. Currently I have all Tandberg video endpoints registered to CCM as H.323 client with no Gatekeeper and all back-end infrastructure devices (MCU, IP Gateway, and ISDN Gateway) configured in CCM as H.323 Gateway and I noticed there is a noticeable difference in video quality when dialing between Tandberg endpoints by IP address verses dialing by 4-digit extension. Video quality is much better when dialing by IP address.

Has anyone run into this type issue ? Are there any workaround ? and below are some questions that I have.

- I would like to find out why the video quality was poor when dialing by 4-digit extension between H.323 client endpoints vs direct dial by IP address ?

- I would like to find out if CCM 4.1.3 support H.264 call between two H.323 client endpoints ?

- Do I need a Gatekeeper for H.264 call between two H.323 client endpoints ?

- Does CCM 6.x support H.264 between H.323 client endpoints ?

thank you very much in advance !! any suggestions / inputs is highly appreciated !!!

Danny

2 Replies 2

ecarabias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Danny!

As far as I know, if an H.323 client is not registered to a gatekeeper, it only can dial by IP address. So, why can you dial by extension? If you register an H.323 client in a CCM, you can only receive calls, you can not make calls because you only can dial by IP address, and, normally, you don't know the IP address of an IP phone.

Regards!

Also, when dialing throught the CCM there is a limit to 384k for video. I think you can raise this in the parameters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: