Tandberg Video Endpoints with CCM 4.1.3 sr6a

Unanswered Question

Hello all !! Hope everyone is well !!!

I am in the middle of rolling out a video conferencing solution for our company using Tandberg video endpoints and Tandberg back-end infrastructure with CCM 4.1.3 sr6a. Currently I have all Tandberg video endpoints registered to CCM as H.323 client with no Gatekeeper and all back-end infrastructure devices (MCU, IP Gateway, and ISDN Gateway) configured in CCM as H.323 Gateway and I noticed there is a noticeable difference in video quality when dialing between Tandberg endpoints by IP address verses dialing by 4-digit extension. Video quality is much better when dialing by IP address.

Has anyone run into this type issue ? Are there any workaround ? and below are some questions that I have.

- I would like to find out why the video quality was poor when dialing by 4-digit extension between H.323 client endpoints vs direct dial by IP address ?

- I would like to find out if CCM 4.1.3 support H.264 call between two H.323 client endpoints ?

- Do I need a Gatekeeper for H.264 call between two H.323 client endpoints ?

- Does CCM 6.x support H.264 between H.323 client endpoints ?

thank you very much in advance !! any suggestions / inputs is highly appreciated !!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Stoyan Stoitsev Tue, 11/04/2008 - 04:54

I'm not sure about the codecs... One thing you can check is the video bandwidth that you've specified in the Region and Locations configuration of your CUCM.

Best regards,

This Discussion