cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting the show interfaces command to a text file

medinabr22
Level 1
Level 1

How would i go about redirecting the show interfaces command to a text file from my catalyst 4500 switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, which ssh client you do use. I use putty and it has an option to copy all to clipboard so you could just connect and run your command then copy to clipboard and paste into a text file.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have hyperterm on your PC/laptop there is an easy way to do this. Connect with hyperterm using TCP/IP to your 4500 switch.

Then along the menu at the top of the hyperterm window

Transfer -> Capture Text

you will be prompted for a file to save the text to. Once you've entered the file name you then run your command "sh interfaces" then go back to Transfer -> Capture Text and then select Stop.

The output will be in your saved file.

If you don't have hyperterm i can upload a Windows version.

Jon

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately we don't allow that across our network. We have our switches configured to only allow SSH over the netork.

Is there a way I can tftp it somehow? I have a tftp app on my pc.

Okay, which ssh client you do use. I use putty and it has an option to copy all to clipboard so you could just connect and run your command then copy to clipboard and paste into a text file.

Jon

I use putty as well. I'll give it a shot, but these commands give a lot of info, so I hope I can get it all.

THANKS!

Thanks, putty worked. I just configured my connection to log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: