cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting the show interfaces command to a text file

medinabr22
Level 1
Level 1

How would i go about redirecting the show interfaces command to a text file from my catalyst 4500 switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, which ssh client you do use. I use putty and it has an option to copy all to clipboard so you could just connect and run your command then copy to clipboard and paste into a text file.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have hyperterm on your PC/laptop there is an easy way to do this. Connect with hyperterm using TCP/IP to your 4500 switch.

Then along the menu at the top of the hyperterm window

Transfer -> Capture Text

you will be prompted for a file to save the text to. Once you've entered the file name you then run your command "sh interfaces" then go back to Transfer -> Capture Text and then select Stop.

The output will be in your saved file.

If you don't have hyperterm i can upload a Windows version.

Jon

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately we don't allow that across our network. We have our switches configured to only allow SSH over the netork.

Is there a way I can tftp it somehow? I have a tftp app on my pc.

Okay, which ssh client you do use. I use putty and it has an option to copy all to clipboard so you could just connect and run your command then copy to clipboard and paste into a text file.

Jon

I use putty as well. I'll give it a shot, but these commands give a lot of info, so I hope I can get it all.

THANKS!

Thanks, putty worked. I just configured my connection to log.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card