Helpful
Replies

what is causing the errors and what could be

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

I see the error violation and otheres but do not know what is the cause

#show controllers t1 2/0

Framing is SF, Line Code is AMI, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (38 seconds elapsed):

58 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 8 Line Err Secs, 1 Degraded Mins

8 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Sec

=========================================

Framing is SF, Line Code is AMI, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (67 seconds elapsed):

124 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 16 Line Err Secs, 1 Degraded Mins

16 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

8 Replies 8

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

More than likely this is a problem at the providers end and is caused by a circuit fault.

Have you talked to the circuit provider?

Check your cabling also to to make sure its ok and clear your counters again.

Tim though is spot on its more likely to be a carrier issue.

Hi tim,

can you explain more on "circuit fault" I am new to this . So the T1 line is bad , but how do you test that and convence the provider that what it is and not the config ..

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah, as per Rob's comments, check the framing etc with the provider.

You can also try a "shut" - "no shut" on the controller.

It's also possible this is a hardware fault with the card but like I said, most likely this is something the provider needs to resolve.

Also, run some more debugs for L2 and L3 which might provide more information.

The circuit provider will generally do a loop or battery test (most likely with an automatec system) from the exchange which will show them the status.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi UC,

You would generally test your end by performing a "Loopback" test. This is shown below;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a754b.shtml#csudsu_hw

The other thing that I would check with the provider is what Line Code they are using as B8ZS is very common for T1's (and yours is set for AMI)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi, Thanks for all your time, you guys are providing very helpfull info and I am taking it w/ me. I attached the phisical layers design. this project is alreay in production, no one is complaining , but I just want to be carefull b4 I start getting calls , I can't do loopback test cause its in production . what other command you will do to verify the framing is correct on both side w/ out taking the center down ..

Thanks

Unfortunately there's no sure fire way to test how the provider has the circuit configured.

I suspect the framing is probably the same at both ends (I doubt this would have been changed).

Your best bet is to speak to someone technical from the carrier so they can confirm the line configuration and test the circuit if necessary. They should have given you some technical info when you purchased the circuit to tell you the config?

If it's all working ok at the moment I wouldn't shut the controller down (as per my previous suggestion!)...

Thank you all ... !!!! ur all my Buddies Now ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: