Views
Helpful
Replies

Reserving IVR ports for incoming calls

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For an IPIVR5.0 servr with HA, is it possible to reserve 5 sessions/IVR ports for incoming calls and rest for outgoing calls.

If yes how?What config is required?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

To my knowledge there is no way to achieve this. Basically once you send the call out to Unity there is no control over it. Theoretically, you could maybe reserve some ports just for the IVR which might make things easier since you have guaranteed ports, however depending on how many people are being sent to Unity, this might not help.

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

Setup different jtapi or media groups for inbound and outbound. For your inbound scripts set it to use the inbound group, when you make outbound calls using the Place Call step set it to use the outbound group.

Thanks.

One more question on the same lines.

Is it possible to reserve five channels of a PRI in the voice gateway for inbound calls and rest for outbound calls?

What is the special configuraion required on the voice gateways?

Thanks

Hi Umanasky,

I have E1 Pri Line(30 channel), and three dial-in numbers for three IVR call-in scripts & I plan to restrict IVR ports as follows:

1)Script 1- 20 ports

2)Script 1- 5 ports

3)Script 1- 5 ports

Question:

1)Can I set the above.

2)What will happen to the 21st,5th call for 1)2)&3) above.

I think the callers will get a busy tone and not a continuous ring. What is your view?

Thanks

You can do this if you setup three different jtapi or media groups and associate each one to the appropriate script. Actually I'm not sure what happens to the (n+1)th call, should be easy to test out. I don't know if there's an easy way to do the same thing at the PRI level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: