Views
Helpful
Replies

CS MARS -Replication between two CS mars in diffrent site

CSCO10320953
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Below mentioned devices are going to used between Primary site and Backup site.For our requirement ,Primary site CS mars replication should be replicted to Back site CS MARS.Other wise how to use the CS MARS in the situation?

CS-MARS-110R-K9 CSMARS 110R 2RU Appliance;

F-CS-MARS-SW-K9 CS-MARS generic software ID

CSMARS-110R-LIC-K9 CS-MARS 110R base license

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MARS supports a hierarchy based on local/global controller. What exactly do you mean by Primary and Backup here?

Regards

Farrukh

Primary ---Data Center

Backup -----Recovery data center

I was referring to the collaboration you are looking for b/w the two MARS boxes? MARS does not support replication etc. like you would do on a Cisco ACS box. The GC/LC scenario does not seem to hold in your design.

Regards

Farrukh

Only option for you in your case would be to backup the existing data from one box, and replicate to the other (i hope you have same boxes on both sites) on some regular intervals, and may be both the boxes are fully synchrnized manually.

I would not suggest the HA feature of MARs at my level as i haven't actively tested this, but if you have some sort of Metro between both sites, you can test it at your own risk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: