After upgrading a PIX 515 of ours from 7.2 to 8.0 an issue was discovered where large SQL transfers were being dropped.
Troubleshooting the issue I discovered errors in the logs reporting connections on port 1521 (SQLNET) between the servers in question saying "reassembly limit of 8192bytes exceeded"
I found this page relating to the error:
And so I disabled SQLNET inspection by using:
no inspect sqlnet
This corrected the issue however I don't think this is ideal.
Also after doing a line-diff comparison of the config prior to upgrade I realised that SQLNET was being inspected before, so the upgrade has somehow changed something there.