Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call pickup feature

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is is possible to have call pickup inside the same pickup group ou using other pickup group number. However, is it possible to pick up a call ( ringing phone) just by using the called extension?. i.e, if X is calling extension 2001 for example (the phone is ringing just next to me), I have extension 3000, could I pick up this ongoing call although I have no idea about the configured pickup groups?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Unfortunately this is not possible. Pickup groups work by individually assigning your extensions to a pre-configured pickup group.

For example, if your extension 3000 has been assigned to the pickup group 8888, as has 2001, then you simply press the pickup softkey to retrieve the call.

Below are the pickup group options:-

Call pickup-Allows users to pick up incoming calls within their own group. Cisco Unified Communications Manager automatically dials the appropriate call pickup group number when the user activates this feature from a Cisco Unified IP Phone. Use the softkey, PickUp, for this type of call pickup.

Group call pickup-Allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. User must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when activating this feature from a Cisco Unified IP Phone. Use the softkey, GPickUp, for this type of call pickup.

Other group call pickup-Allows users to pick up incoming calls in a group that is associated with their own group. The Cisco Unified Communications Manager automatically searches for the incoming call in the associated groups to make the call connection when the user activates this feature from a Cisco Unified IP Phone. Use the softkey, oPickup, for this type of call pickup.

When more than one associated group exists, the priority of answering calls for the associated group goes from the first associated group to the last associated group. For example, groups A, B, and C associate with group X, and the priority of answering calls goes to group A, B, and then C. First, group X picks up incoming call in group A, though a call may have come in earlier in group C than the incoming call in group A.

The above is taken from the following document URL it discusses these options, also a feature you may be interested in is the auto call pickup:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wp1072259

HTH

Allan.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ramzi,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friend Allan (+5 points Allan :)

There is a new type of Call Pickup in the newly released CCM 7.0 that might answer your question here;

Directed Call Pickup

The Directed Call Pickup feature allows a user to pick up a ringing call on a DN directly by pressing the GPickUp softkey and entering the directory number of the device that is ringing. Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the associated group mechanism to control the privilege of a user who wants to pick up an incoming call by using Directed Call Pickup. The associated group of a user specifies one or more call pickup groups that have been associated to the pickup group to which the user belongs.

If a user wants to pick up a ringing call from a DN directly, the associated groups of the user must contain the pickup group to which the DN belongs. If two users belong to two different call pickup groups and the associated groups of the users do not contain the call pickup group of the other user, the users cannot invoke Directed Call Pickup to pick up calls from each other.

When the user invokes the Directed Call Pickup feature and enters a DN from which to pick up an incoming call, the user connects to the call that is incoming to the specified phone whether or not the call is the longest ringing call in the call pickup group to which the DN belongs.

If multiple calls are ringing on a particular DN and the user invokes Directed Call Pickup to pick up a call from the DN, the user connects to the incoming call that has been ringing the specified DN the longest.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_0_1/cucm-rel_notes-701.html#wp582138

Hope this helps!

Rob