Views
Helpful
Replies

4.2(1) DMA version

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would anyone know which version of DMA to use when migrating from CallManager 4.2(1)sr1b to 6.1(2)DMA? It gave an error message stating that this version is for CallManager 4.1(3) and 4.2(3). Hopefully it does not require a phased migration from 4.1(1) to 4.1(3) and then 6.1(1b)?

7 Replies 7

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that I need to do a phased upgrade: to 6.0(1a) first and then to 6.1(1b) or first to 4.2(3) and then to 6.1(1b).

as you have noticed IT DOES require a 2 phase upgrade as your version is not compatible with direct upgrade, please always check compatibility matrix to plan upgrades.

Table 4 Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades for Release 6.x and Release 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40122

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime for your accurate response. It was initially to be done by an integrator but our organisation decided that it best be done inhouse hence I am finalising a few things now as part of the planning stage before commencing the upgrade. I saw the matrix and thought to get a second opinion from the forum, just incase :)

Hi,

I need to do an upgrade from 4.2(1)sr1b to 6.1(3).

The compatibility matrix that you provide doesn't tell if I can go from 4.2(1)sr1b to 4.3(2) or if I can go from 4.2(1)sr1b to 6.1(1). I already know that I can't go directly from 4.2(1)srb to 6.1(3) the DMA is not supported.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Adrien

Hi Adrien,

Sadly, for these upgrades as well, the supported path is from 4.2(3) not 4.2(1). Your best bet would be to upgrade to 4.2(3) first which then will allow for "direct" upgrade paths.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions

6.1(1)

Direct upgrade:

6.0(1), 5.1(3), 5.1(2), 5.1(1)

Direct upgrade using DMA:

4.2(3), 4.1(3,) 4.0(2a)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40122

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions

4.3(2)

Use Cisco Backup and Restore System (BARS) and then fresh installation:

4.2(3), 4.1(3), 4.0(2a), 3.3(5)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40343

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much for your click reply.

Do you know If I can directly upgrade from 4.2(1) to 4.2(3) using the ciscocm-ffu.4-2-3.exe file found on Cisco download section ?

PS : OS is 2000.4.3a right now

Thanks again.

Adrien

Hi Adrien,

You are most welcome! Yes, I believe that file would be the proper one to use. Your OS looks like it meets the minimum requirements as well;

OS 2000.4.2sr10 is required prior to upgrade.

Make sure you run the Upgrade Assistant on your system prior to upgrading. The file download section for the .exe includes a ReadMe for this upgrade, go over the details before getting started.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: