Views
Helpful
Replies

Ap constantly upgrading and rebooting

scott-goodwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue where my new Ap's out of the box in that they are registering with the master controller, upgrading the Lwapp software then rebooting and going through the same upgrade process again and again.

Constantly upgrading!!

Other AP's that are already registered with the controller some time ago are working fine upon power cycle.

The DHCP option is working as I can see the controller address's being obtained and of course its getting the software from the controller.

Any thoughts??

Cheers

Scott

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you happen to have AP authentication via AAA enabled on your WLC? Capture the output from the AP console and post the file. this can help us see what is happening.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Also, check the date and time on the controller. Make sure the APs are LAP versions for your regulatory domain.

Just to toss my own idea in there... do you have multiple controllers? If so, make sure they're running the same level of code. If not, the access points will re-download code each time they connect to a different controller.

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Also, check for IP conflicts with the ap-manager IP address. If you can ping the AP manager address (not the management address) you probably have an IP conflict as it normally does not reply to ping requests.

I had this issue a while back, took me some time to find the cause, but when I found it it made absolute sense.

HTH,

Leo

Sorry, I was out of town. I agree. You should not be able to ping your AP manager. Could you paste a "show run config" for me. I think you have an IP conflict or an interface configuration issue.

I am curious to hear from Scott to know if any of these things resolved the issue. I am having the exact problem. I received a batch of LAPs and most worked just fine but others have this same problem right out of the box. Seems like they incorrectly mixed a batch of America region LAps with forien reg domains. Just my opinion.... I verified all of the things suggested by the posters with no hits or resolution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: