Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Enviornment Messages

HEMANTH_KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

On a WS-C3750G-24TS-1U running c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin getting this messages

"

%PLATFORM_ENV-1-PWR: Faulty internal power supply detected

"

I have looked at the error message and the following bug, CSCse49694 but this should have been fixed in 12.2(25)SEE2 and you are running 12.2(25)SEE3.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so what is the best way to resolve this issue..

5 Replies 5

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Check with show env all if Power is OK and RPS is faulted, it looks more like bug id: CSCsi07973.

If that is the case you can then upgrade to one of the suggested versions.

Hope it helps

Hello Garytayl,

Thanks for the update. Power and RPS are both OK as seen in Sh env all.

Though the bug CSCse49694 is cosmetic and non service affecting, it is sometimes difficult to convince customer...

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hemant,

as you mentioned that its cosmetic, I would still ask you to try convincing customer to upgrade to the latest IOS to take care of this issue and also to get him the latest features on the same switch like IOS IP SLA, EEM etc. as his IOS is pretty old one.

-amit singh

Hello Amit,

Thanks for the update.. I will certainly try and get him do a code upgrade and post my efforts...

Hemanth

If the customer does not want to upgrade because of that bug alone.

There are many other bugs out there.

some severe enough to render the network nonfunctional.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco