cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-IVR 3.5 calculating longest call in queue

jeffdanderson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to calculate longest call in queue for ICM 6.0 with IPIVR 3.5.

I know how to collect the realtime information from ICM, i just dont know how to use it. The date/time format is a "java.sql.Timestamp"

It looks like this:

2008-11-03 14:13:12.0

Want I want to do is find the difference between the longest call in queue and current time. Possibly convert the time into seconds if possible.

I want to use this to make a decision such as if (longestCallinQ > 180 seconds) send email or place call.

It appears this java version used for CRA 3.5 is very limiting and we are not sure how to overcome the time being in "java.sql.timestamp" format.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I highly recommend you do it in ICM since that is what is managing your Q. The IVR doesn't have intelligence. So, do the calculation in ICM then pass some value to IVR which will trigger the HTTP request.

david

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You don't need to do this in the IVR, but in ICM. Look at the routercallsinQ as well as how many agents you have, etc. You will have to come up with a formula to calculate when to send calls out.

david

Without getting into too much detail i want to be able to do this ip-ivr. I have an http trigger that is calling a script that sends messages to an overhead paging system.

It seems like it would be easy to accomplish but doesnt appear to be as straigh forward as i would think.

I highly recommend you do it in ICM since that is what is managing your Q. The IVR doesn't have intelligence. So, do the calculation in ICM then pass some value to IVR which will trigger the HTTP request.

david

Hi David:

I took your advice and made the calculations in ICM and then called the external script when my criteria was met. Thanks for the assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: