cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 4.0 Changing existing prompts

isfairml1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to quickly change some prompts in an existing call center to update the hours of operation. For instance, it currently says hours are "6 am to 11:30 pm" and I want to change it to "...11:00 pm". Anyone have a quick step by step you can share? My thought is this:

1. I can record a new .wav file with the right wording, save it locally, and give it the exact same name as the file I want to replace.

2. Then go to TOOLS - PROMPT MANAGEMENT, find the file that needs to be replaced, and click the UPLOAD icon.

3. Then under FILE NAME just browse to the new file I've recorded, and click UPLOAD.

Is it that simple? No one here has ever had to administer this system, so while I'm pouring over documentation as we speak, and looking to schedule a class ASAP, the department has already changed their hours so I need to make this one change sooner rather than later. Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

9 Replies 9

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

open desktop soundrecorder,record save in format ccitt u-law,8khz,8bit,7kb. save as same as old but maybe do as v1,ie open orig, openv1, go to script mgnmt and do properties on greeting, then just rename existing wav. i would save as a new version script, ie open, new would be open v1. then just go to app mngmt and upload the new script.

you would also have to change time in script

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

I would propose you do steps 1-3 just as you have them. If the system blows up, you probably just want to have your resume updated.. but then again, you probably have a great boss and don't have to worry as long as you can get it running again in short order.

Why didn't I think of that?

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you have Cisco Unity, one of the best approaches is to leave the new prompt as a message in your voicemail box. Grab the WAV file it produces from Unity, and then rename it and upload. The file is in the correct format, and the sound quality is about the best you can produce.

Quick ?. I have contact ctr rel5. I was told that the unity wav format would not work. although, now that i saw your post i am going to try.

We'll let you know for sure shortly!

Just used unity to record and made my changes and it worked like a charm. Good luck and thanks to all who posted.

oh you are very welcome... im glad you get to keep your job!!!!

NOT HALF AS GLAD AS I AM. ;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: