Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC network scanning doesnot work

ahmedelfeki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I got the nessus plugins from tenable web site and uploaded it to the nac manager then tried to apply the plugins in the plugins setup but i didnot find anything is there any cli or installation proccess i need to perform to has the nessus plugins operating?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you will need to extract the contents and build new files smaller than 10MB. Load each one seperately. Maintain the directory structure in the tar'd file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

namnt2604
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you tell me the size of nessus plugins file you have got from tenable website?

The correct size is about 15 MB! If you have got a file with other size, that means you have got a wrong file! Try again ...

There is a file which is 16M of size and when i upload this file there is an error appears that the uploaded nessus plugins is greater than the allowed size so if that is the wrong file where can i get the right file i tried also to register with the command nessus fetch --register it is successfully upload but doesnot operate.

There is also another file with 7.29M of size for nessus plugins but didnot need for registeration it was uploaded successfully but didnot operate.

note:- the nac server model is 3310 and manager is 3350 and the sw version is 4.1.2.1.

There is a bug in NAC that limits the size of plugins.tar.gz (CSCsq59801). It has been corrected in 4.5, the work-around is to break the file into multiple parts so it does not exceed 10MB.

so can i do any thing to increase the size of bug in 4.1.2.1 or if i decreased the plugins file will it operate.

and when i download it through the CLI using linux command nessus fetch --register it is uploaded successfully in the nac but i donot see the nessus plugins in plugin setup.

you will need to extract the contents and build new files smaller than 10MB. Load each one seperately. Maintain the directory structure in the tar'd file.

Thanks daladen as i really did so and it is now operating

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card