cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

calls getting fast busy

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a central CCM with a remote Router connecting to another PABX for testing- test site

Site 1 Site 2

CCM>>GW1>>>>>>GW2>>>>PHONES

All calls go out of the GW1 to GW2 then to the PABX

IPT calls within Site 2 ring a handset with Site 2 and forward to the central VM at Site 1- all good - Handset to handset to GW at Site 2 to PABX to GW at Site 1 to CCM/ Unity

IPT calls from Site 1 ring Site 2 - call flow is CCM to GW to PABX to GW( Registered to CCM) and then to IPT handset a Site 2

If the test handset has a call forward to the central VM and is rung from Site 1 , it goes to VM but gets fast busy in Unity - confirmed by port monitor. The call trombones in/ out of the GW at Site 2

If I set up the handset at Site 2 the same as a handset at Site 1 it still fails, below is a trace of the link

Nov 4 16:33:21.451: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0x0708

Cause i = 0x81E4 - Invalid information element contents

Call State i = 0x04

*Nov 4 16:33:21.487: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x8708

Cause i = 0x81E5 - Message not compatible with call state

*Nov 4 16:33:21.491: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Cause i = 0x81A9 - Temporary failure

any ideas

thanks

1 Reply 1

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm not clear on the connection between the two sites. Is it a IP connection or voice trunks?

Usually when you see an issue like this, you are dealing with a CSS issue. The gateway on the second side has to be able to direct dial the VM system using its CSS in order for it to work.

One other possibility is that the PABX config may not allow for the calls to be bounced back out since it will look like it is originating from an outside number coming from inside. This is an anti toll fraud thing that you'll have to work through with the PABX vendor.