cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Learning Stuck At 40%

power1pete
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks is running DFM 2.0.12. The discovery progress for learning devices is stuck at 40% for more than 2 hours. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This points to a problem with the DFM data collection process. Additional troubleshooting will have to be done. Please post the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log and the output of the pdshow command.

Please see the requested files. Thanks again.

I don't see anything here that would point to why discovery is hanging at 40% for all devices. It may be a state problem. Restarting the server may get things going again. If not, I suggest you open a TAC service request so they can walk you through the additional steps required for troubleshooting discovery hangs at 40%.

Thanks for your help Joe. I will open a case with TAC.

We had a similar problem, and in case your DFM version is 3.0.2, here is a solution:

1.Install Patch: cwdfm3_0_3_win.zip ( 52MB )

2.Reboot

3.Install Patch: dfm3.0.0-win-CSCsi019661.1.tar ( 40KB )

4.Reboot

DFM 3_0_3 fixes the 10% stuck bug. But in some cases it introduced a new problem whereby it gets stuck at 40%

CSCsi01966 patch fixes the 40% stuck problem.

These patches are available on CCO for download but one needs a CCO Login. ( http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm )

Cheers

Except that this customer is running DFM 2.0.12, and this patch does not apply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: