cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Learning Stuck At 40%

power1pete
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks is running DFM 2.0.12. The discovery progress for learning devices is stuck at 40% for more than 2 hours. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This points to a problem with the DFM data collection process. Additional troubleshooting will have to be done. Please post the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log and the output of the pdshow command.

Please see the requested files. Thanks again.

I don't see anything here that would point to why discovery is hanging at 40% for all devices. It may be a state problem. Restarting the server may get things going again. If not, I suggest you open a TAC service request so they can walk you through the additional steps required for troubleshooting discovery hangs at 40%.

Thanks for your help Joe. I will open a case with TAC.

We had a similar problem, and in case your DFM version is 3.0.2, here is a solution:

1.Install Patch: cwdfm3_0_3_win.zip ( 52MB )

2.Reboot

3.Install Patch: dfm3.0.0-win-CSCsi019661.1.tar ( 40KB )

4.Reboot

DFM 3_0_3 fixes the 10% stuck bug. But in some cases it introduced a new problem whereby it gets stuck at 40%

CSCsi01966 patch fixes the 40% stuck problem.

These patches are available on CCO for download but one needs a CCO Login. ( http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm )

Cheers

Except that this customer is running DFM 2.0.12, and this patch does not apply.