cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX5: Picking up additional calls from a Queue

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

On Cisco Contact Center Express 5 (Standard) the agents can log in/out and either be ready (or not) through the IP phone.

My question is this. If an agent is on a call, is there a way the agent can pick up another call from the queue to answer?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No there is not. An agent can only be handling one call at a time on the ACD line. I know some systems i.e. I3 allow agents to pick up calls from queue, Cisco like most vendors do not allow that and the agent will be presneted with the next call based on defined routing algorithm such as longest idle, most skilled, etc.

HTH,

Chris

I was thinking about that, but hoping I was wrong.

Thanks again Chris!

Just to promote conversation...

If you had two extensions on your phone, one ACD, one non-ACD, you could transfer calls from your agent line to you personal line.

This way your agent line is idle, and depending on your CSQ settings, you would be made ready right away, and could take another call on your agent line.

You could even create a macro button to make that transfer happen with one click. Though it would be messy with many agents.

Discuss...

It sure is a workaround but I would strongly suggest against it as it completely defeats the purpose of ACD, as you loose true reporting of these calls. If that's what you are to do you might as well set up hunt groups.

HTH

Chris

Certainly I was not promoting circumventing the intelligent routing of ACD, but rather promoting problem solving thinking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: