cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up an intercom with CM 5.1(2)??

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any experience with setting up an intercom between and assistant and exec? We have call manager 5.1(2).

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

Now because CCM 5.x does not have built-in Intercom support we will have to come up with Plan B.

On Executives phone configure a Speed Dial button that goes to a new number (we'll just say DN = 1222)

On Assistants phone create a new Line with DN = 1222

Configure 1222 to Auto Answer on Speakerphone on the Assistant phone and you are good to go :)

Exec presses Speed Dial (Text label Intercom) and it rings down to Assistant automatically just like an Intercom.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, you are THE MAN!!! I am going to give this a shot.

Thank you so much again for your help!

One more question. Auto answer is not one of our available line choices in our templates. How do I make auto answer available for programming?

scratch that...I just figured it out. Sorry, and thanks again.

Hi Vicky,

You are most welcome :) Glad to be of some assistance.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have set up the workaround you suggested and it works with one exception, we can't get it to beep once before going off hook. I can get it to ring once but there is nothing in our ring selection that sounds like a beep. Is there anyway to get the phone to signal with a beep before the speaker kicks in? Under the line on device section I have selected the Beep only when the phone is active but that doesn't happen?

Any advice? Please let me know if a beep is possible.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: