cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up an intercom with CM 5.1(2)??

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any experience with setting up an intercom between and assistant and exec? We have call manager 5.1(2).

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

Now because CCM 5.x does not have built-in Intercom support we will have to come up with Plan B.

On Executives phone configure a Speed Dial button that goes to a new number (we'll just say DN = 1222)

On Assistants phone create a new Line with DN = 1222

Configure 1222 to Auto Answer on Speakerphone on the Assistant phone and you are good to go :)

Exec presses Speed Dial (Text label Intercom) and it rings down to Assistant automatically just like an Intercom.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, you are THE MAN!!! I am going to give this a shot.

Thank you so much again for your help!

One more question. Auto answer is not one of our available line choices in our templates. How do I make auto answer available for programming?

scratch that...I just figured it out. Sorry, and thanks again.

Hi Vicky,

You are most welcome :) Glad to be of some assistance.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have set up the workaround you suggested and it works with one exception, we can't get it to beep once before going off hook. I can get it to ring once but there is nothing in our ring selection that sounds like a beep. Is there anyway to get the phone to signal with a beep before the speaker kicks in? Under the line on device section I have selected the Beep only when the phone is active but that doesn't happen?

Any advice? Please let me know if a beep is possible.

Thank you.