Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Dial Emergency Phones on VG248

Since upgrading to UCM 6.1(2) a client's Auto-Dial emergency phones hanging off VG248s have been failing to dial. I believe this is simply a timer, but I'm not sure what to tweak to fix the issue. The symptom is that callers pick up the phone and they hear a dial tone. These analog phones are programmed to automatically dial the emergency number (the auto-dialing doesn't come from CM). Anyone with info please share.

Thanks!

Brian

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

Is it possible that the Analog phones have lost their auto dial programming? Sometimes the line current keeps the programming onboard. Can you move one to a different line (off-site) to see what is heard? I always prefer the ringdown to be setup in CCM so you don't have to visit the phones if there is an issue like this.

Can you try setting one up in CCM.There is a great step by step here;

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#intro

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback. The phones work fine when connected to a VG224, so it's not the phones. I suspect some kind of DTMF timing or port issue. TAC is looking over log files after we ran some tests.

Regards,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: