thought i had a handle on this but it seems this is not the case. we have got a 2851 crashing (software forced reload) for the past few months. we have downgraded IOS, upgraded IOS, replaced memory and it seems to not be helping. the only thing i have not done is wipe everything and start from scratch. this is a 2851 with CUE that handles about 78 phones.
what we have noticed is that just before the router decides to give up, the phones de-registers, WAN drops and then it writes and reloads. ive seen something similar with a virus causing high CPU usage but im not seeing any HIGH cpu usage at a consistent rate.
am now opening a TAC case again but just though i might have gotten some insight. Please see attached crash file. i have a few for the past month.
PS. i downgraded to CME 3.3 and it worked fine for a while (approx 2 wks) but it was probably coincidence. i also replaced the memory and it worked for about 2 wks then crashed again. as i said, it not that consistent.