Views
Helpful
Replies

CME crashing/rebooting

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

thought i had a handle on this but it seems this is not the case. we have got a 2851 crashing (software forced reload) for the past few months. we have downgraded IOS, upgraded IOS, replaced memory and it seems to not be helping. the only thing i have not done is wipe everything and start from scratch. this is a 2851 with CUE that handles about 78 phones.

what we have noticed is that just before the router decides to give up, the phones de-registers, WAN drops and then it writes and reloads. ive seen something similar with a virus causing high CPU usage but im not seeing any HIGH cpu usage at a consistent rate.

am now opening a TAC case again but just though i might have gotten some insight. Please see attached crash file. i have a few for the past month.

PS. i downgraded to CME 3.3 and it worked fine for a while (approx 2 wks) but it was probably coincidence. i also replaced the memory and it worked for about 2 wks then crashed again. as i said, it not that consistent.

4 Replies 4

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Move the CME over the WAN to local LAN segment.

see the thing is i cant. for whatever reason the customer decided to run CME and service about 6 sites across the WAN. from what i understood it was a "test" setup that just stayed there.

we all know that its a design issue however, they didnt have any issues when they were running 3.3.

in summary, i cant move it over to the local segment.

Hi

Is the system crashing randomly? I had similar problem on my 2851 but it wan when I entered create cnf files

Is a known BUG CSCek50261

Please check if that is helpful

HTH

hey

for some reason that bug is not for public viewing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: