Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Certs on Standby ACE module

new_networker
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have imported the SSL keys/Certs to standby ACE module and the FT group status is now showing HOT_STANDBY instead of COLD.

However, I don't see key and cert under ssl-proxy service definition as well as the reference to ssl-proxy server in the policy map configuration on the redundant module. Is this normal ?

Would the above definitions be seen after successful failover ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the ssl-proxy config on the standby could not be applied because of missing files.

If for some reason, the standby became active, it would do a synch to the other device which would result in both ACE having the wrong config.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. You should see the correct config before failover.

Make sure to run the latest version and if the problem persist open a service request with the TAC.

G.

It is resolved. For some reason, the SSL related configurations got wiped off from the active module and I had to redo it.

Would you know of any reason for this behaviour. Scary...

the ssl-proxy config on the standby could not be applied because of missing files.

If for some reason, the standby became active, it would do a synch to the other device which would result in both ACE having the wrong config.

Gilles.

Yup. That was the reason. The failover occurred before configuration was fully synchronized.

If you don't have the certs on both modules, they won't sync.

Also if you see that the ft group is in cold_standby,

You can do the following to get them to sync back up.

ft group 2

no inservice

inservice

This does not cause any issues. I have had to do it serveral time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: