Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify the FQDN of the CSA-MC

rishi.sumbal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to add a DNS Suffix to the hostname of my CSA-MC. But the CSA software doesn't notice and carry on with only the hostname and not the FQDN. It means, the Agent where there's no DNS suffix configured can't reach the CSA-MC.

Is there a way to force the CSA-MC to recognize the name with FQDN without reinstalling?

Many thanks

Rishi

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

No you can't force the CSA-MC to recognize the name with FQDN without reinstallation. For the further description and Installing Management Center for Cisco Security Agents following guide may help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csa/csa52/install_guide/Chap1.html

Thank you for the confirmation. I've setup a lab and I tried to reinstall and to restore a backup of the configuration. The result is the same one, the agent see only the hostname and no FQDN . Indeed Cisco says that a restore will also restore the OS specific datas. How can I reinstall and be able to get my configuration again? I tried with an export/import but it seems you lose some parameters (kits definition and maybe other??)

Thanks

Rishi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: