Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt uploading to script repository on the Fly/Real time

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer wants to upload the prompts real time himself and wants the script to upload it directly to the promt repository after that, instead of using the pre-recording prompts.

Is this possible?How?

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can write a separate script, application and trigger that allows the customer to call in, authenticate, make a selection to identify the desired prompt, and then record that prompt. The would save the recording to the script repository for them.

The key step to this is to user the User steps to authenticate the caller as a valid user. Saving prompt recordings into the prompt repository will fail if authentication has not succeeded.

Hi

I saw script from Cisco repository how to upload prompt on the fly. Please check on forum.

cheers

Ikram

Do you mean it is the one of the default scripts on the CRS server.

Can you please give the name of the script.

thanks

Hi Schulenberg,

Just saw an e.g. in the CRS5.0 scripting guide for this.

1)Is it a must that I use the "name to user" function to accept user id?

2)and then accept PIN using get digit.

Because this means the user must be created in the Global directory in CCM, with user id and PIN.

Is above the general procedure of achieveing uploading prompts.

2nd:-

I am getting a strange error: at the document upload script.

"some thing like "the document lenght created is less, the minimum lenght expected is 1".

Any idea what is the issue.

I ran the script in debug mode and the authentications seems to have happened successfully.

Thanks

1) Yes, the user must exist in UCM.

2) Check to ensure that you have the variable containing the recording set as a Document type. If it is, that sounds like it sees a null value in the variable. Also, providing the exact verbiage may help.

You could turn on debug tracing for the CRS Editor and review the log files to get a more exact answer.

Hi Schulenberg,

The error I get is - Exception:

"result of invalid length; expecting minimum length of: 1"

(see attached screenshot)

and this error comes exactly at the upload prompt step.

From the CRS logs I can't locate the error.Pertaining to this error message what is the text I should be searching in the logs.

Any idea, what is the issue.

thanks

Hi,

I got this script working.Just wanted to check apart from saving the prompt to the directory, is it possile to parallely save it to the SQL database.If yes, how?

Thanks

You should not save scripts/prompts/documents directly to the disk. These folders are automatically populated for the CRS engine to execute from. If you put something there manually (instead of loading through the appadmin interface into the appropriate repository), it may be deleted or overwritten. Additionally, when UCCX transitions to Linux in version 8 (due out 2009-2010), you will have little or no access to the file system.

I am not aware of any supported method to load prompts, scripts, or documents into the repositories other than through the appadmin browser interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: