cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split the PRI

rares_mancas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a PRI T1 with CUCMBE 6.1.2 and 2811 GW. Because now there are two companies in the same office, they want to give access to only 4 channels from the PRI to the second company phones(so that they should have maximum 4 concurrent calls incomming and outgoing and using a different access code for outgoing). How can I do this? I search everywhere and I can't find any reference about splitting and giving access to only some of the PRI channels. I need just to point me in the right direction. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

You can use probably the commands incoming called number and answer-address to match your two companies on your VG and specify different pots dial-peer , then apply also a max-conn of 4 connections to limit the outside call .You can do also the same for the inside if you want .

Here is some information about that :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Thanks

Olivier

Hi, thanks. I was thinking at this . But this means a lot of changes to be made. Change the VG to h232, create a bunch of dial-peers, translation rules and ds0 groups (probably) for both companies etc.

I'm starting to hate Apple! ;)

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi there you can do it by grouping the T1 channels by useing a feature in cisco IOS h323 gateways called trunk group.. but keep in minde this work only outbound

i mean the grouping is under urcontrol in outbound calls only inbound only based on the telco pstn line/channel assignement

u can sovle ur issue by useing the following link which is a case simler toyours i have addresed

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Video%20over%20IP&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc18d16/0#selected_message

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: