cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting unity 4.0(4) from VMO to UM

dbasterash
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for guides on converting my current VMO system to Unified Messaging for some users. I cannot find any discussions or guides for this on CCO. Can someone point me in the right direction.

for example i am licensed for 30 unified messaging users, due to someone ordering the wrong licenses, and i want to test its usage with IT folk and a few from management, and then roll it out to more people afterwards.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you're probably not going to like the answer =)

it requires you to rebuild the server as UM and then restore the info with DIRT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends... if you have the VMO server in it's own domain, then you would need to rebuild into your existing email domain (exchange, AD, etc)

If you are using Unity in your existing domain with an offbox Exchange server (for email) and using VMO licensing (created secondary accounts just for Voicemail) the you would not need to do anything. Install your UM license for voicemail, change the Subscriber accounts to use their Exchange email accounts. (so voicemail deliver to email accounts)

You cant really "test" it out if you have VMO and single domain for Unity unless you have another Unity server all setup and ready to go. If you have a second server, install it into the existing AD and Exchange Domain, UTIM to CUCM with another hunt group, voicemail ports, pilot number VM profile, etc. THEN you can test it out without affecting the rest of the bunch. (directory will not really work with the people you are moving because they are not linked between Unity servers)

Anyways, lots of rambling, but if you have more info, we can layout it little more you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: