cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Matter Code and IVR script

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

My client requires their IVR application to be able to place outbound calls to callers, as part of a callback feature we've implemented for them. Some callback numbers may be long distance and client matter code is required for all long distance calls.

From my IVR script, "Call Redirect" step or "Place Call" step always branches off to the "Unsuccessful" branch, which suggest to me that the callmanager is expecting the client matter code, which is not provided. local/internal calls goes through without issues.

my question is, how do i feed the client matter code to callmanager? can this be done at all? If it cannot be done, can someone point me to an official cisco documentation that says so.

if it can be done, please let me know how to approach this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not send the calls out route patterns that do not require client matter codes when a call is origniated from CTI port?

All you need to do is apply a new Calling Search Space to the cti ports which reach new route patterns not requiring CMC.

Chris

the reason is that the script is placing the call on behalf of an agent. the agent could enter the number themselves but it'll be easier to automate it.

The solution(i hope it was not a coincident) was to append # followed by the matter code to the telephone number. ie. 14059981989 will be dialed as 14059981989#3738

Correct, but the call is still being made by the cti port so it uses the CSS assigned to it in which case you can bypass the CMC and still keep it for manual calls.

Chris

they need the CMC for accounting and other purposes so they don't want to bypass it. appending # seems to work for "Place Call" step but not for "Call Redirect" step. any ideas on how to pass a CMC to callmanager when using "Call Redirect" step?

Not to be a downer but FAC and CMC are not supported by UCCX. From the release notes:

"Forced Authorization Code and Client Matter Code.

Because these features can be enabled per route pattern, they should be turned

off for all route patterns in the Unified CM cluster that Cisco Unified CCX

might use. Enabling these features for route patterns that Cisco Unified CCX

does not use does not affect Cisco Unified CCX."

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf under the Unsupported Features in Unified CM section, page 17.

RSwartzmiller
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to try using the "Call Consult Transfer" put the CMC in the Destination field and the number to call in the output digits field. It works for my DISA program.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: