Hi All,

i have a Cisco 1100 AP

i want to create 2 SSID's

Each with a different VLAN

Each in Different Subnets

one SSID with WPA-PSK

one SSID with WPA-EAP

i can accomplish half of my goal, i can get this all working over 1 subnet

my problems start when i want to split the SSID's into different Subnets(VLANs)

i've moved the SSID's into their relevant VLANs

But when i go to do the equivalent of creating a Trunk port on the foundry switch i lose connectivity with the BVI IP on the AP (i use this to manage the AP)

what VLAN is the BVI interface in? can i change it? i need traffic coming from that interface to be tagged with the VLAN ID to work i believe, is that possible?

Thanks for any help

Ali

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lffrwatson Thu, 11/06/2008 - 10:19
User Badges:

BVI is where you configure your management ip for your AP. this is also configured as the native vlan on the switchport. fastethernet is configured when you have multiple vlans for multiple ssid's.

alibowluk Wed, 11/12/2008 - 03:25
User Badges:

i'm still getting used to Foundry equipment it seems, i forgot the 'dual-mode' command

i've got it working now

fbarboza Mon, 06/04/2012 - 16:28
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi,

Remember that when working with vlans on any device we need to configure a trunk port between the the 2 devices in this case the switch and the AP and make sure that both have the same native or untagged Vlan and all other vlans tagged.

On the cisco access point if the access point has an ip address for vlan x then this vlan x needs to be the native vlan or untagged vlan on the ap and on your switch you need to make sure it is configured as a trunk port , to tag all vlans except the vlan you set on the AP as untagged.

Example:

If the AP has an ip address for vlan 30 then the native vlan on the AP needs to be 30 and on the switch the native or untagged vlan needs to be 30 also

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

This Discussion