Unity Uninstall and Eadmin

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2008

I have a situation where we have migrated all subscribers from a Unity 4.0(4) server to Unity 5. We would now like to decommission the old Unity server and it sounds like I should run Unity Uninstall to properly remove unneeded objects from AD. The instructions state that the Unity example administrator account will be removed from the directory. The Eadmin alias is also being used on the new Unity server so I don't want it deleted. Is there a way to skip this step? Will Uninstall recognize that the Eadmin account is in use by the new system and not delete it?

Thanks,

Dave

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Wed, 11/05/2008 - 08:56

I dont think you really need to uninstall the Unity server. Simply shut down the Unity server and if you like, remove the references to the Unity server in AD for accounts. UBS, Unity_xxx, etc. And then Locations, remove the old Unity locations (just for clean up)

You can download the unity Uninstall utility.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_UninstallUnity30.htm

check out the help file for more info.

Bradford Magnani Thu, 11/06/2008 - 21:29

Dave,

Each Unity installation creates its own unique system accounts, EadminXXXXXXXX being one of them. Not sure why you'd be using the old account for your 5.x install. It will use its own.

The SystemId is the XXXXXXXX which is appended to each account, which is unique for each Unity server. In order to find out what your Unity server's SystemId value is, you'll need to go to the Unity server and open Data Link Explorer from Diagnostic Tools, and go to UnitySetupParameters table and click @SystemId>Value. Once you find which belongs to your 5.x, you can delete the accounts referencing your old server from AD, along with the defaultXXXXXXXX in the Locations OU which refers to the old Unity server itself like Tommer was referring to.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Actions

This Discussion