cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 NM-T3

danieldiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point be to documentation which explains whether the 3845 NM-T3 module is hot-swappable?

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No Network Modules are hot swappable.

Hope that helps.

Collin,

Thank you for the response but I just found the router guide which indicates "OIR for network modules is offered on the Cisco 3845 only."

Maybe I should open a TAC case and have it confirmed since the documentation is contradicting.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

C3800 doesn't support OIR

see

Caution Cisco 3800 series routers do not support online insertion and removal (OIR, or hot swap) of interface cards inserted directly into router slots. You must turn off the router before installing or removing an interface card.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3800/hardware/installation/guide/38ic.html

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Guiseppe,

Thank you for the response but I just found the router guide which indicates "OIR for network modules is offered on the Cisco 3845 only."

Maybe I should open a TAC case and have it confirmed since the documentation is contradicting.

That's the first I've heard of it. If I have one in the lab, I'll try it and post the results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card