cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.0 blocking IBM DSA diagnostic executable

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

I need to run a diagnostic on our Unity servers.

CSA is denying it.

I have not worked with CSA much.

Do I need to disable it to allow this diagnostic to run or is there a way to grant permission or something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure what versions you are using there.

I am assuming you are using the headless version (you dont have CSA management console and are using the standalone version)

But you can disable CSA while you do your thing.

From a VNC / KVM or directly on server - (do not do it through RDP) - It will ask you to allow the action, and possibly verify a code on the desktop itself when you stop the service.

Go to services.msc

Select the Cisco Security Agent service.

Stop it

If you will reboot as part of your work then also set it to disabled so it doesnt restart automatically.

When you are done, set it to automatic and start it again.

Cheers,

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure what versions you are using there.

I am assuming you are using the headless version (you dont have CSA management console and are using the standalone version)

But you can disable CSA while you do your thing.

From a VNC / KVM or directly on server - (do not do it through RDP) - It will ask you to allow the action, and possibly verify a code on the desktop itself when you stop the service.

Go to services.msc

Select the Cisco Security Agent service.

Stop it

If you will reboot as part of your work then also set it to disabled so it doesnt restart automatically.

When you are done, set it to automatic and start it again.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

Ok cool I will try your suggestions.

We are using CSA 5.0 standalone.

I will disable CSA to get the diagnostic done then.

TAC says I should be able to run this without affecting performance and I do not believe a reboot is required for this process.

Why do you say to not use RDP?

Not sure on the IBM diags..

But disabling CSA service is definitely non-intrusive. Well unless you catch a DOS attack while its off or something :)

When CSA realises you are trying to disable it, it will prompt you on the actual console of the server... and you have to allow it.

Some versions also prompt you with a code that you have to enter back into it.

You wont see the prompt on an RDP session. So it wont actually let you stop it.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: