cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

device not discover

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 2.6 I have new devices and not discover by Ciscoworks. I have the same configuration o other device but those are discovered.where I can troubleshooting for the reason not discovered.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Campus Discovery does not do well with MPLS. The reason is that CDP does not run across the MPLS links. In order to discover campuses connected with MPLS links, you will need to add a seed device in each remote campus (i.e. where CDP is working).

In LMS 3.0.1 and higher, Campus Discovery is replaced by CS Discovery which supports other, non-CDP, discovery methods.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the devices are not seed devices, then they must be known via CDP by other devices already discovered. They must also be SNMP reachable, and not filtered out in your Discovery filters. You can also enable devdiscovery debugging, and check the discovery.log for errors pertaining to the missing devices.

Thanks J. one thing I have noticed those devices not discover by CW are attached to MPLS core router.the others are on T1 core router. so when I did cdp neighbor on this MPLS router didn't show those routers. the only way I can see is" show ip bgp neighbor" my question is how Ciscoworks detecting neighbor devices on this scenario?

Thanks

those routers not discover by CW are attached to MPLS core routers.this is the main difference than the others.the one attached with T1 core routers are discovered. I have added the MPLS core router as seed device but still those device not discover. may be the problem related to this?

thanks

Campus Discovery does not do well with MPLS. The reason is that CDP does not run across the MPLS links. In order to discover campuses connected with MPLS links, you will need to add a seed device in each remote campus (i.e. where CDP is working).

In LMS 3.0.1 and higher, Campus Discovery is replaced by CS Discovery which supports other, non-CDP, discovery methods.

ok, Thank you so much!