cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAF - "How to" question

jim_berlow
Level 3
Level 3

I've read the firewall administrator's guide and I'm still not sure that I know how to get the WAF to answer for multiple ip addresses. For example, if I want the following to happen:

192.168.1.101:80 (WAF) -> 172.16.1.1 (Backend server)

192.168.1.102:443 (WAF) -> 172.16.1.2 (Backend server)

Are those 2 ip addresses configured from the console on the WAF? Does anyone have any insight about how to configure the WAF to redirect for multiple ip addresses?

Thank you,

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Paschich
Level 1
Level 1

You need to first configure the additional IP addresses using the console (SSH or video), then configure the policy to accept those IP addresses using the Manager. For more information on doing the console configuration, please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_waf/v60/administration/guide/axg_admin_initialconfig.html#wp1090496

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Paschich
Level 1
Level 1

You need to first configure the additional IP addresses using the console (SSH or video), then configure the policy to accept those IP addresses using the Manager. For more information on doing the console configuration, please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_waf/v60/administration/guide/axg_admin_initialconfig.html#wp1090496

Thank you, this did the trick and was very straightforward. Only thing to add is that the order is important. I put in the rules through the manager first and when deploying it the Reactor process shutdown. Lesson learned - I'll always put in the ip address through the console first.

Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: