cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1250 password recovery

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have deployed over a hundred 1250 access builds at on of our customer locations, we initialled installed software version 5.0 however after having many issues with the software we recently downgraded to 4.2.

Yesterday I tried to console onto one of the AP and its asking for a password without the username, I have entered the username configure on the intial AP when it was first installed however this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a password recovery or an issue when downgrading from v5 to v4.2

Many Thanks

4 Replies 4

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

These are lightweight APs? You generally shouldn't need to console into a lightweight AP for any reason.

Try "Cisco" as the password. Other than that, 4.2 doesn't have the AP passwords, right? That's a 5.0 configuration I believe. Hmmm... otherwise, just reset the AP to factory defaults I guess. Hold the MODE button down while booting, release it when the light turns amber.

Jeff,

4.2 does have the option to change the username and password of a LAP. 4.1 doesn't... The default howerever is Cisco.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Haha, I guess I got mixed up. Thanks for the correction!

i got same problem. I tryed 2 push the Mode Button several times but after restart the enable pass on lightweigt 1252 still another then default "Cisco". Are there another options to reset the settings ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card